In May 1924, with the death of a parishioner, Alek Sulewski, Father Ceslaus Jakubowski (the pastor lovingly referred to as Father Jack) designated the area just west of the church as the congregation’s cemetery.
Alek's grave would be marked with a wooden crucifix. As the oldest members if the Polish community, his parents — Josef and Kementyna Sulewski’s graves would also be outlined with a stone border.
On July 11, 1935, a lightening strike destroyed the mission church. Father Jack decided not to rebuild the church and the parishioners then began to attend services at Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church in West Point located 5 miles away.